Website National Veterinary Services Ltd
Delivering excellence and innovation in animal health...
Full-time 37.5 hours per week | Permanent
Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 5.00pm | Flexibility required as per operational requirements
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 (dependent upon experience)
This is a great opportunity to work for the UK’s leading veterinary wholesaler.
Our business provides a next day supply and distribution service through our nationwide network of distribution depots, serving an average of 2220 customers every day!
This is a full-time opportunity for you to join our Warehousing Management Team in our Stoke-on-Trent distribution centre.
• Manage the DTC Operational Team to ensure that service, productivity and quality targets are met
• Build and develop strong DTC Supplier and Customer relationships
• Work closely with the Regulatory Team to ensure DTC operational compliance to the GDP guidelines and relevant legislation set out by the MHRA, VMD and Home Office
• Prepare the information required for the WOM to conduct performance review meetings with DTC customers
• Support the Warehouse Operations Manager in conducting negotiations and agreements with DTC Customers and Suppliers
• Ability to manage and control a Departmental budget of circa 30 FTE’s
• Ensure that Departmental Work Instructions and SOP’s are maintained
• Liaise regularly with the Customer Excellence Team to resolve any DTC issues that may arise
• Work in partnership with the HSE Manager to ensure a safe working environment across all DTC Operational areas and activities
• Work closely with the wider Operations Team to promote and communicate across the business, a ’One Team’ approach
• Creation and submission of monthly invoices for DTC Customers
• Check and sign-off all monthly DTC Operational expenses in a timely manner, prior to authorisation by the Warehouse Operations Manager
• Provide a monthly report of the DTC Operational spend, in-line with the financial year forecasts and provide analysis of under/over-spend
• Work closely with the Warehouse Operations Manager to produce the annual full year forecast, in line with the financial year forecasting schedule
• Produce a monthly DTC management report
• Be aware of and follow Company Standard Operating Procedures
• Provide support and assistance, when required, to other Departments within the Operation
Who we are looking for
• Experience in Warehouse Management and ERP systems.
• Self-driven, results-focussed with a positive outlook
• Natural forward thinker / planner who critically assesses their own performance and strives to improve the business
• Resilient and robust
• Open and approachable / Team player
• Capable of operating accurately to specified deadlines and under pressure
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Health & Safety awareness in respect of self and others
• Highly computer literate
• Focussed on delivery of Customer Excellence
• Strong analytical skills, both verbal and numerical
Successful applicants will be required to disclose any unspent criminal convictions to the Company. A DBS check will be carried out in compliance with Home Office guidelines. Applicants should be aware that with in line with our Drugs and Alcohol policy random tests are carried out.
NVSL is committed to equality of opportunity and this underpins our employment and recruitment procedures. We use objective, job-related criteria when making appointment decisions and our selection criteria is based on skills, experience, qualifications and an ability to do the job. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we will not contact candidates that have not been selected for interview.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
By continuing with your application for employment you are confirming you agree with our Privacy Notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.